Tue, Mar 30
Guest Experience Team Member
Aug 15 | The Salty – Now Open
Who We Are
The Salty is an artisan donut shop that focuses on chef-made, craft donuts that rotate based on seasonality. We use nothing but the highest quality ingredients and make everything in house! Naturally, we don’t use any artificial ingredients in anything we make, because, well – that’s gross! If we wouldn’t serve it to our own family, we definitely wouldn’t serve it to yours! Coffee? Yep! We serve Intelligentsia Coffee and have crafted a coffee menu that pleases all palettes. Lastly, to what makes The Salty- The Salty, is our obsession with guest service. Today’s day and age it’s so easy to get lost in your phone, lost in the madness of the world, so we try to create an environment that is an escape from that hazy life. A place that you know as a guest you’ll receive a positive consistent donut and experience each time. This obsession all starts with you.
The Salty is a fast-paced, team-oriented operation both in the back and front of the house. The primary focus of our company’s management team is to lead by example, inspire, effectively and openly communicate and be collaborative with the rest of their team. There’s no “I” @ The Salty. There’s nothing that anyone is “too qualified” to do. We’re all working with the same intentions and for the same goal, which is to make The Salty not only the most delicious donut shop around, but also a benchmark in the F&B industry when it comes to experiential food and beverage. Ambitious? You bet! Impossible? Nope! – Now let’s get to work and absolutely CRUSH it!
We call our ‘Cashiers’ Guest Experience Team Members! Why? They are an integral part of the guest experience, through the face‐to‐face guest interaction. Our delicious donuts and coffee can speak for themselves, but it takes an incredible front of house team to round out our guests’ experience in our stores. This position will be responsible for crafting thoughtful and personalized experiences for our guests from greeting them, ringing up their order, packing their donuts, as well as working occasionally barista shifts, where they’ll be responsible for making our guests’ coffee and tea. The Guest Experience Team Member reports to the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, and will be empowered to make their own decisions that create the best experience for our guests. We encourage all our team members to be well-rounded team players, willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly! No matter what position you start in with us, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained and will be tasked to take on different positions within our team.
What we Offer
- Schedule flexibility
- Weekly Competitive Pay plus Tips
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Health, dental and vision benefit plan options for full-time team members
- Matching Health Savings Account
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Team Member Assistance Programs
- Pet Insurance
- 40% off all merchandise, donut and coffee orders, and catering
- Friends and family discount
- Anniversary Program
- Opportunity for growth, development and advancement in a rapidly growing company
- Food, Restaurant, Team and/or guest Service experience
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- A knack for delivering personable guest service and a desire to make connections with guests everyday
- Accountable in upholding high standards
Your Responsibilities at the Salty
- Maintaining professionalism in the workplace. Balancing guest service and a great camaraderie within the company.
- Mastering the art of knowing your guests – who your regulars are and what they order.
- Assisting guests in a happy, positive, genuine way all of the time to ensure they feel at home.
- Keeping a welcoming attitude; guiding guests through the menu to find something they like.
- Maintaining consistent attendance and punctuality. Following the attendance policies set by The Salty.
- POS + Other Applications
- Operate POS register to complete guest transactions.
- Maintaining 100% accuracy when using the POS system and handling money.
- Completing opening and closing checklists, always seeking to set the next shift up for success
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing menu to effectively communicate all ingredients to guests.
- Neatly, and quickly, packing all donut orders.
- Checking product quality and FIFO (first in ; first out) throughout your shift; alerting supervisors whenever donuts don’t look like they meet our quality standards.
- Ensure all food on the line meets food safety and quality standards, eliminating cross-contamination on the front line.
- Helping put away deliveries of boxes, paper goods, and other inventory items as needed when delivered.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of online-ordering (OLO) pick-up area; organize OLO shelves.
- Set up, maintain and break down the front of house area.
- Maintain cleanliness of front line, lobby, bathrooms + patio area, take out lobby trash, bus and clean tables and chairs. Restock utensils, napkins, beverage station, and bathrooms
- Treating your store as your home. Being able to notice the small details without anyone needing to tell you first.
- Ensuring the store is kept sparkling clean – making sure that there’s not nasty crumbs all over the floor.
- Wiping down tables and ensuring chairs are cleared of any debris/crumbs
- Removing trash as needed and bringing to dumpster
- Sweeping & mopping floors to ensure they are clean at all times
- Picking up trash from outside and from inside planters as needed
- Adhering to all safety and health regulation policies set forth at The Salty.
- Skillset (upon completing training at The Salty) – Able to:
- Describe the tasting notes of all the coffees on our menu and articulate that to our guests.
- Make all coffee + tea items on our menu.
- Open and close the coffee bar by yourself.
- Alert the Lead Barista of any malfunctions in equipment
- Pour basic latte art.
- Know how to properly make/cut cold brew as per our recipe.
- Regularly trying coffee and tea to ensure that quality standards are being upheld throughout the day.
- Able to complete any of the coffee inventory lists on Zenput.
- Ensures that all coffee + tea products are FIFOed and date labeled at all times.
- As part of a team, upholding the weekly/monthly cleaning schedule of all coffee related equipment.
- Always maintain a clean bar/workspace.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours)
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Fluency to read and communicate in English
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
Email resume to email@example.com to apply.