Fri, Feb 3
Dec 16 | Bouzy – Coming Soon
The Host is an important role within Cru Hospitality Group (CHG) that serves as a representative of the Front of House to our guests. The Host fulfills any duties assigned to them by the management team in a professional manner.
The position of Host is one that can elevate the experience offered by the entire operation. The host is the very first and last impression the guest gets of the restaurant. They are the first opportunity the restaurant has to wow the guest. Beyond that the host is responsible for taking reservations, answering phones, and managing the reservation books. This is one of the most important jobs in the restaurant. The person that manages our reservation books has the power to control how busy we will be.
A strong Host will exhibit the following characteristics.
- Strong knowledge of reservation and phone systems
- Ability to “read the room”
- Desire to learn about food, beverage, and hospitality
- Exhibit sincere hospitality
- Be intuitive as to where help is needed
- Strong communication skills
- Be Coachable
- Be the Example
This role reports to the General Manager and Shift Manager of the location.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Exhibit sincere hospitality. Go above and beyond for the guest. Be obsessed with guest satisfaction.
- Maintains proper cleanliness and uniform standards
- Greets guests promptly as they enter the restaurant, making a positive first impression. Greet guests warmly with a smile, making eye contact.
- Maintains a clean and organized host stand and any areas visible to the guest. Constantly ensures that the entrance to the restaurant is clean (including doors and windows). Keeps floor in foyer as well as in front of entryway clean and free of debris
- Occasionally clears tables when guests are finished. Works with bussers and servers to make sure tables are reset quickly and properly
- Promotes CHG service standards by exhibiting friendliness, knowledge of the restaurant, and attentiveness to guests’ needs. Is an expert on the restaurant as well as the neighborhood. Can serve as a concierge about the city if the need arises.
- Performs assigned opening and closing side work.
- Answers phones, keeps accurate count of reservations, and manages reservation book.
- Collects and stores menus. Ensures that all menus are clean and presentable and are current according to the most recent changes. Replaces all menus in poor condition after confirming that replacements are available.
- Communicates menu-printing needs to management team on a daily basis. This includes childrens’ menus and any other special menus.
- Completes table checks. Monitors which tables are in use, available, and about to turnover. Is immediately aware when tables are reset and ready for guests. Checks for completeness of table settings.
- Completes IOCs depending on how often the kitchen needs them. This stands for “in”, “open”, and “coming” and is incredibly important in terms of pacing the restaurant.
- Has complete knowledge of the floor plan, table numbers and sections. Seats the restaurant in a fair manner, rotating server sections while at the same time giving the guest the best available table and accommodating their requests.
- Frequently checks back with guests who are waiting in the bar area to be seated. Assures guests that they have not been forgotten and that tables are being prepared for them.
- When a guest is leaving, always thanks them, if possible, by name.
- Checks restrooms as appropriate to ensure cleanliness, proper stocking, etc
- Communicates the needs of the guests to the kitchen and management. Informs management of guests’ reactions and comments. Assists management as needed to ensure smooth operation and quality service.
- Continues to learn and educate themselves on service, beverage, food, and industry trends
- Occasionally trains new members of the FOH team.
- Maintains proper health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Ensures all CHG standards are upheld or exceeded.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One locationApply Now