Fri, Feb 3
Line Cook/Prep Cook
Dec 16 | Bouzy – Coming Soon
The Line Cook is an important role within Cru Hospitality Group (CHG) that is responsible for preparing and cooking the best possible food that we serve our guests. The Line Cook fulfills any duties assigned to them by the management team in a professional manner.
The role of Line Cook is one that can elevate the experience offered by the entire operation. Primary responsibilities are to (1) make and plate delicious and beautiful food for our guests (2) execute the vision of the menu as directed by the Sous Chef and Head Chef, (3) maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the kitchen, (4) uphold all standards set forth by CHG. The personality and success of the kitchen and the location as a whole are directly related to the role of Line Cook.
A strong Line Cook will exhibit the following characteristics.
- Strong knowledge of & skills in cooking, food handling, food preparation, kitchen maintenance
- Strong knowledge of food, culinary terms, and the restaurant industry
- Strong desire to learn more about the points mentioned above
- Exhibit sincere hospitality and teamwork
- Be intuitive as to where help is needed
- Strong communication skills
- Be Coachable
- Be the Example
This role reports to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and General Manager of the location.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Collaborate with Kitchen team to properly prepare menu items in a timely manner
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items ahead of time
- Adhere to all standards and recipes. Read and follow recipes properly.
- Coordinates food timing with other members of the line.
- Maintains a clean and organized station at all times. Keeps station stocked and organized.
- Maintains accurate food par levels behind the line.
- Performs assigned opening and closing side work.
- Stocks all food products in their correct location.
- Restocks kitchen for subsequent shifts.
- Communicates all 86’d items before they are 86’d.
- Professional handling of the Coworker Relationship: includes BOH and FOH staff
- Continues to learn and educate themselves on food and industry trends
- Maintains proper health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Ensure all CHG standards are upheld or exceeded
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One locationApply Now