We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (People@barrysbootcamp.com or 323-673-0222).
The Assistant Studio Manager must have strong customer service skills, knowledge of Mac computers, able to communicate in an effective and efficient way, team-oriented and a drive and passion for fitness is highly recommended.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: The candidate must develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients/staff, and maintain them over time.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates: The candidate must provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely and efficient manner.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others: The candidate will be responsible for handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others: The candidate will be responsible for getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks. One way in which the candidate will excel is by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among staff.
- Work with Studio Manager and retail department daily to assist with locating merchandise for clients and ensuring full size runs of items are available at all times.
- Work with merchandising team to keep all displays update and on brand.
- Examine all merchandise daily to ensure correct price and display.
- Train desk staff on package and membership options, current promotions, and individual retail items.
- Work along Studio Manager, Operations, and HR team to report and resolve any employee relation issues.
- Supervise front desk employees engaging in product and retail sales, customer service needs, and inventory.
- Manage front desk communication between management and staff.
- Assist clients with their appointments/schedules, across studios if needed.
- Assist with any private or special events happening at the studio.
- Oversees studio repairs and facility staff to ensure the studio is clean, presentable, and on brand at all times.
- Assist Studio Manager with inventory stock and reorder of inventory.
- Strategize with Studio Manager on increasing attendance week-over-week and month-over-month, striving to exceed the studio’s daily attendance goal.
- 1+ year’s experience in a team leader or supervisory role
- Full availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Proficient in problem solving and able to work proactively within a team environment to meet established corporate goals and sales objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate team
- Desire for career growth within the company
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.