Wed, Oct 27
May 24 | Timpanos – Re-Opening Soon
Savor the high life at Timpano, where big red wines and tall martinis meet steaks, chops, seafood, and freshly made pasta amidst white tablecloth service and live music in the dining room or on the patio.
The Front of House Manager will support restaurant operational objectives, delivering on promises to our team members, guests, vendors, and our community to drive sales and profits. The Front of House Manager assists with executing on cost initiatives, developing employees, and maintaining high levels of guest satisfaction.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Maintain proper restaurant ambiance to contribute to the guests’ experience.
- Visit guests at their tables by asking them about their meals, engaging in conversation to build a personal connection.
- Handle guest complaints by listening, evaluating, and responding to the guest ‘s concerns and offering a resolution to ensure great guest satisfaction that will compel them to comment.
- Conducts interviews following proper hiring and selection procedures.
- Hold team members accountable to our high standards through effective coaching and communications.
- Train team members by observing, providing feedback, modeling specific tasks or procedures, communicating expectations, and following up to increase their performance and morale.
- Conduct team member performance assessments to recognize contributions and to develop and improve the Team member’s job performance.
- Hold pre-shift meetings to inform our team members of daily specials, upcoming events, and initiatives.
- Monitor food, beverage, and labor costs using established methods to support goals for the restaurant.
- Approve guest meal comps and discounts to ensure guest satisfaction and to maintain proper financial records.
- Monitor restaurant operations by conducting a walkthrough to ensure operating standards are executed and maintained. Ensure sanitation procedures are in place and the restaurant is clean and organized at all times.
- Adheres to alcohol awareness procedures.
- Cash-out Servers by printing out sales totals and collecting cash to ensure accurate collection of money.
- Check out team members at the end of each shift by inspecting their work stations and side work assignments for cleanliness and completion to ensure proper restaurant maintenance.
- Conduct cash audits by counting cash register drawers, counting money, and certificates in the safe and verifying accurate recording.
- Track menu item sales using reporting.
- Collect all invoices and enter in a timely manner to ensure accurate financial records.
- Cultivate an image of our business that will continue and enhance our positive reputation in the community.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Business Alignment – Aligns the direction, products, services, and performance of a business line with the rest of the organization
- Coaching & Mentoring – Enables team members to grow and succeed through feedback and instruction
- Communication – Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Leadership – Promotes organizational mission and goals, while showing how to achieve them
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges
- Relationship Building – Builds constructive working relationships with stakeholders
- Staff Management – Manages staff in ways that improve their ability to succeed on the job
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: One year of previous supervisory experience in a hospitality environment preferred.
Fluent in communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in English.