Fri, Feb 3
Dec 16 | Bouzy – Coming Soon
The Server Assistant is an important role within Cru Hospitality Group that serves as a representative of the Front of House to our guests. The Server Assistant fulfills any duties assigned to them by the management team in a professional manner.
The role of Server Assistant is one that can elevate the experience offered by the entire operation. A successful Server Assistant acts as the “right hand” of the Server. Typically paired up with multiple servers, the best server assistants are frequently checking in with their servers to see how they can help them. Taking that to the next level, the best server and server assistant teams can almost read each other’s minds. Server assistants help the server in every manner of guest satisfaction. They pour water, help clear and mark tables, make coffee, and aid in an endless barrage of server and guest requests. It’s not always the case, but many server assistants aspire to be servers, bartenders, and managers one day.
A strong Server Assistant will exhibit the following characteristics.
- Strong knowledge of proper restaurant service
- Desire to learn about food, beverage, and hospitality
- Exhibit sincere hospitality
- Be intuitive as to where help is needed
- Strong communication skills
- Be Coachable
- Be the Example
This role reports to the General Manager and Shift Manager of the location.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Resetting tables as quickly, and correctly as possible.
- Exhibit sincere hospitality. Go above and beyond for the guest. Be obsessed with guest satisfaction.
- Maintains proper cleanliness and uniform standards
- Complete knowledge of all products, procedures, and standards. Be an expert on all things restaurant related. Ask and answer questions. Study.
- Assists their server as much as possible in as many ways as possible.
- Maintains clean and organized stations, tables, and any areas visible to the guest.
- Clears table when guests are finished. Works with other assistants and servers to make sure enough “hands” are available when a table is finished
- Sets (and resets) each table in their section flawlessly and perfectly. Checks each table for completeness of setting.
- Performs assigned opening and closing side work.
- Stocks side stations and maintains appropriate pars of silverware, glassware, napkins, share plates, marking trays and condiments throughout service. Takes pride in polishing items and makes sure they are fingerprint and smudge free. QUIETLY stocks these stations by placing items in gently and softly.
- Communicates all 86’d items to servers and managers in a timely manner
- Communicates needs and comments of the guest and server staff to management.
- Maintains water levels throughout service. Remember which positions are which tables are drinking which type of water
- Continues to learn and educate themselves on service, beverage, food, and industry trends
- Trains new members of the Server Assistant team.
- Maintains proper health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Maintains overall cleanliness of the dining room. Checks chairs, banquettes, as well as underneath tables.
- Helps clean and stock all supplies. Organizes and stocks appropriate linen pars. Assists with polishing of Plates, Glasses and Silverware.
- Ensures all Cru Hospitality Group standards are upheld or exceeded
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $7.98 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One locationApply Now