Fri, Feb 3
Dec 16 | Bouzy – Coming Soon
The Server is an important role within Cru Hospitality Group (CHG) that serves as a representative of the Front of House to our guests. The Server fulfills any duties assigned to them by the management team in a professional manner. They also assist in the training of new team members.
The role of Server is one that can elevate the experience offered by the entire operation. This role wears many hats. A successful Server must be capable of doing a bit of everything. Running food, bussing a table, making coffee, selling wine… Pretty much every task falls within the server’s wheelhouse. Whether your location works as a pooled house, or with individual sections, each Server has a designated station and is ultimately responsible for the tables in that station. Although they will receive help from other positions, the Server is the “manager” of their assigned section.
A strong Server will exhibit the following characteristics.
- Strong knowledge of proper restaurant service
- Strong knowledge of food, culinary terms, and the restaurant industry
- Strong knowledge of wine, spirits, beer and other beverages
- Exhibit sincere hospitality
- Be intuitive as to where help is needed
- Be able to sell with integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Be Coachable
- Be the Example
This role reports to the General Manager of the location.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Informs our customers on the quality of our products and services.
- Knows the menus (food and beverage) inside and out. Can answer questions regarding ingredients, allergies, proper pairings and make recommendations
- Maintains proper cleanliness and uniform standards
- Sells and serves food, wine, cocktails, and other menu items to customers.
- Sells and serves these products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains a clean and organized server station, tables, beverage pass, and any areas visible to the guest.
- Abides by all cash handling procedures.
- Properly takes orders and rings them in correctly to the Point of Sale system.
- Performs assigned opening and closing side work.
- Maintains pars of silverware, linens, and other dining room needs. Communicates these to the manager.
- Professional handling of the Guest Relationship: includes inquiries, complaints, compliments.
- Communicates all 86’d items to servers and managers in a timely manner
- Communicates needs and comments of the guest and server staff to management.
- Serves alcohol responsibly.
- Continues to learn and educate themselves on service, beverage, food, and industry trends
- Trains new members of the Server team.
- Maintains proper health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Ensures all CHG standards are upheld or exceeded
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $7.98 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One locationApply Now