Wed, Oct 27
May 24 | Timpanos – Re-Opening Soon
Savor the high life at Timpano, where big red wines and tall martinis meet steaks, chops, seafood, and freshly made pasta amidst white tablecloth service and live music in the dining room or on the patio.
The Sous Chef identifies priorities for each shift focusing on food quality, cleanliness, sanitation, and running a smooth shift. The Sous Chef builds sales and profits through their behavior, delivering on promises to our team, guests, vendors, and our community. The Sous Chef manages costs, builds Team membership, and maintains accountability for achieving success in these areas.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Coach and train Team Members by observing, providing feedback, modeling specific tasks or procedures, communicating expectations, and following up to increase their performance and morale.
- Conducts interviews following proper hiring and selection procedures.
- Works all stations in the Back of House to assist Team Members during peak times and to maintain service and quality standards.
- Create, cost, and prepare daily specials.
- Communicate daily specials, shift priorities, and daily productions to all Team Members to ensure they are prepared and set up for success.
- Monitor restaurant operations by conducting walkthroughs to ensure operating standards are executed and maintained.
- Ensure sanitation procedures are in place and the restaurant is clean and organized at all times.
- Adheres to alcohol awareness procedures.
- Set up the kitchen with tools, preparation sheets, and materials to ensure the Team Members have the tools needed to prepare fantastic and safe food.
- Delegate closing duties, cleaning duties, and maintenance duties to ensure all closing tasks are accounted for to prepare for the next day’s operations.
- Inspect, count, and perform inventory levels of walk-ins, freezers, prep areas, coolers, and dry storage.
- Monitor and evaluate products and services provided by vendors to ensure adherence to Tavistock’s standards.
- Assume Chef’s duties in the absence of the Executive Chef.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: One year of prior culinary supervisory experience in a hospitality environment preferred.
Fluent in communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in English.